Boone Central Career Academies
WHAT IS IT?
Career Academy students will take a concentrated sequence of courses in a chosen career field in order to give them a jumpstart on their future! Students will benefit from hands-on, real world learning experiences and meeting and learning from mentors in the workforce. Additional benefits include opportunities to earn college credit while in high school, the option to work during school hours, and gain experience that will attract future employers. Students who complete all of the requirements will be recognized at Honor's Night their senior year and at graduation.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM?
- Screening Process --> Fill out an application & participate in an interview.
- Complete the coursework in desired pathway. (See below.)
- Complete Career Readiness.
- Complete one of the 3 options for the senior course.
- Attend Career Academy workshops offered throughout the year during activity period.
- Participate in the Showcase Event.
Students are eligible for the program in the fall of their sophomore year. However, some of the coursework can be completed as a freshman. Students can enroll or discontinue the program at each semester thereafter.
WHAT COURSEWORK IS REQUIRED?
In addition to the coursework listed below, students must also complete two additional courses: (1) Career Readiness AND (2) Internship, Capstone, OR obtain an Industry Certification.
BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY
Web & Digital Communication
SKILLED & TECHNICAL SCIENCES
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES