FAQ on Scholarships
1. Does Boone Central weight their GPA?
- No. Boone Central's grade point averages are a straight average of a student's semester grades.
2. Is class rank weighted?
- Yes. Specific classes are worth more to encourage students to take a more rigorous class schedule. The following classes are worth 1.1: English 9, 10, 11, and 12, Algebra I and II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, College Algebra, Biology, Physical Science, Chemistry, Advanced Biology, Physics and Government.
- A student's semester grade is multiplied by 1.1 and the points award for that class are determined. Then the points are averaged together with the student's remaining classes and compared to their classmates. Students are ranked according to the number of grade points.
- Class rank is updated at the end of each semester.
3. What kind of grading scale does Boone Central use?
- Boone Central uses percent grades. A student's GPA might be a 95.6% out of 100%.
- If a scholarship asks for grade scale, the correct response would be a 100 point scale.
4. How do I convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale?
- 100-96 is a 4.0
- 95 is a 3.8
- 94 is a 3.6
- 93 is a 3.4
- 92 is a 3.2
- 91-88 is a 3.0
- 87 is a 2.8
- 86 is a 2.6
- 85 is a 2.4
- 84 is a 2.2
- 83-80 is a 2.0
- 79 is a 1.8
- 78 is a 1.6
- 77 is a 1.4
- 76 is a 1.2
- 75-72 is a 1.0
- 71 is a 0.8
- 70 is a 0.6
5. Does Boone Central offer Honors classes, AP classes or IB classes?
- Honors - Calculus would be the only honors class that BC offers.
- AP - Boone Central does not offer AP classes.
- IB - Boone Central does not offer IB classes.