Graduated from Wheeler Central High School, Bartlett, Nebraska, in 1982.
Graduated from Kearney State College, Kearney, Nebraska, in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education with emphasis in mathematics and computer science.
Participated in the Western Mathematics Scholars Program for two years, 1991-92 to 1992-93.
Earned a Masters Degree from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, in 1992.
Earned a Middle School Endorsement with emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction.
Participated in the Nebraska Mathematics Professional Development Series Program for eight years:
* The Year of Geometry 2007-2008
* Data Analysis: Collecting, Analyzing, and Representing Data 2008-2009
* Mathematical Connections: Within, Across & Outside the Curriculum 2009-2010
* Algebra Thinking: From Computation to Algebra 2010-2011
* Supporting Teaching and Learning in Mathematics 2011-2012
* Math Connections for the 21st Century Learner 2012-2013
* The Eight Mathematical Practices Through Algebraic Thinking 2014-2015
* The Eight Mathematical Practices Through Geometry/Stat Analysis Thinking 2015-2016
1986-1987 Mathematics and Computer Science Teacher at Roncalli High School, Omaha, Nebraska.
1987-1994 Mathematics Teacher at Anderson Middle School (Millard Public Schools), Omaha, Nebraska.
1994-1995 Mathematics Teacher at Wheeler Central High School, Bartlett, Nebraska.
1995-present Mathematics Teacher at Boone Central Schools, Albion, Nebraska.
2005-present Nebraska Wesleyan Honors Academy Instructor (Calculus I)
2011-2012, 2012-2013 board member for NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
2011-2012, 2012-2013 representative for NATM (Nebraska Association of Teachers of Mathematics)
Parents: Richard and Aggie Hinkle
Siblings: Sharon Smith, James Hinkle, and Kathy Carlin
Spouse: Joseph Zwiener
Children: Jon (married Mandy), Jesse, Jared, and Jaimie
Grandchildren: Maci Jo