College Entrance Testing
ACTThe ACT is required if a student is planning to attend a 4-year college or university.Create an account and register for the ACT at www.actstudent.org
Print off your admission ticket from this account.
Check your scores from this account.
Most Nebraska schools do not require the writing test.
Many out-of-state schools do require the writing test. (Check the school you are interested in before registering.)
Most seniors' last chance to take the ACT is the December test date.
Sophomores or juniors wanting to take a college credit course are encouraged to take the ACT. (Students wanting to take College Algebra or Calculus for college credit must have an ACT score of 21 (College Algebra) and a 25 (Calculus) on the math portion of the ACT.
Boone Central High School Code – 280-010
- Tells ACT to send your scores to Boone Central
Boone Central Test Center Code - 209-240
- Indicates to ACT where you would like to take the ACT
* Test NOT offered at Boone Central High School.
Test Date Registration Deadline Late Registration Deadline Estimated Score Release April 2, 2022 February 25, 2022 March 11, 2022 April 12-May 27, 2022 June 11, 2022 May 6, 2022 May 20, 2022 June 21-August 5, 2022 July 16, 2022* June 17, 2022 June 24, 2022 July 26-Sept 9, 2022 September 10, 2022 August 5, 2022 August 19, 2022 September 20-October 4, 2022 October 22, 2022 September 26, 2022 September 30, 2022 November 1-15, 2022 December 10, 2022 November 4, 2022 November 18, 2022 December 20, 2022-January 3, 2023 February 11, 2023 January 6, 2023 January 20, 2023 February 21-March 7, 2023 April 1, 2023* February 24, 2023 March 10, 2023 April 11-25, 2023 June 10, 2023 May 5, 2023 May 19, 2023 June 20-July 4, 2023 July 15, 2023* June 16, 2023 June 23, 2023 July 25-August 8, 2023
- Beginning in 2017, the ACT is given to all juniors in the state of Nebraska.
- The test is given during the school day and is paid for by the state.
- Students DO NOT need to register for the state test on their own through www.actstudent.org. They will be registered for the test by Boone Central.
- This test score IS college reportable.
Practice for the ACT
- Boone Central provides students access to John Baylor Test Prep to prepare for the ACT. This is typically offered one time each semester prior to the test.
- If students want to practice individually for the ACT, he/she may want to use the following websites:
- Find test dates and register for the SAT at www.collegeboard.org
- Students can register for the SAT Reasoning Test or three SAT Subject Tests.
- Check the college or university you are interested in attending to make sure you meet their admission requirements.
- Prepare for the SAT at www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests
- The SAT is NOT offered at Boone Central High School.
- The PSAT is given to juniors as a practice test for the SAT and as the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Contest.
- This scholarship contest is an annual competition for recognition and college scholarships.
- If a student does well on the PSAT, they become a semi-finalist for this competition. Each semi-finalist then needs to complete the proper applications in order to be named a finalist.
- The PSAT will be given on to interested juniors in October of each year.
- Northeast Community College and Central Community College use the MAP tests for placement in college courses.
- A student's MAP scores can be requested from Boone Central.
- The Accuplacer test is for students planning to attend Southeast Community College.
- Students will have to set up an appointment with Southeast Community College to take the test.
- Practice for the Accuplacer Test at any of the following sites: